The quaint village of Accord sits on the Rondout Creek, however, it's the natural beauty in the hills, valleys and winding backcountry roads that make Accord a highly desirable spot in which to own a weekend escape.
Accord Real Estate Insights
The Accord real estate market offers a broad array of homes ranging from small cabins and chalets to barns, log cabins and fully restored stone and farmhouses. The landscape is dotted with farms, rolling meadows, streams and mountain views. The median price for homes hovers around $450K but can range from $300K to well over $1MM. Kerhonkson and Stone Ridge are adjacent to Accord and the larger towns of Kingston, New Paltz and Woodstock are approximately a 30-minute drive.
The People and the Lifestyle
Accord real estate attracts an interesting mix of buyers including celebrities, creatives from every industry and entrepreneurs. The community is tight knit so should you make Accord your home, you can expect to connect with both locals and second home owners. The area has a healthy mix of local farmers so during the growing season you can expect to stop along some country road to pick up locally-sourced fruit and veggies, freshly laid eggs and pasture-raised meat.
- Westwind Orchard. What started as a labor of love by photographer, Fabio Chizzola, and stylist, Laura Ferrara, has become a magnet for the local community. At the heart of Westwind is one of the few organic apple orchards in New York state, however, their farming operation has grown to include a plethora of farm-made products and produce. It's a must visit if you're in the area.
- Arrowood Brewery. Arrowood is the only organic brewery in New York state. After opening in 2016, it became, and remains, a gathering spot for the community. The draw is the masterfully and freshly-brewed beer and the farm-setting where chickens roam free and hops vines shoot toward the country sky. It's across the street from Westwind, so two birds, one stone.
- Saunderskill Farm. During the growing season, Saunderskill Farmers Market has an active U-pick operation and a vibrant farmer’s market where you can pick up a vast array of produce, prepared products and deliciously baked pies and pastries. Be forewarned, the cider donuts are slightly addictive.
- Country Inn. Located on a backcountry road, the Country Inn is a great spot for a hang and a good meal. In the summer, sit outside on the deck overlooking the lake and watch the kids search for frogs and turtles. In the winter, saddle up to the cozy bar and get lost in the selection of over 400 beers from around the world.
- StoneHouse Tavern. This restaurant recently underwent a facelift and a complete menu overhaul. It’s a regular spot for locals with a bustling weekend bar scene and well-made contemporary American fare.
- If you're a hiker and want a perfect home base, Accord real estate is a great choice. It's a short drive to hiking trails, swimming holes and kayaking spots in Minnewaska State Park, Mohonk Preserve, and various spots in the Eastern Catskills.
Should you have any questions about Accord real estate, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We regularly meet clients for coffee in either NYC or the Accord area to share our local knowledge of the areas and the market and to assist with searching for Catskills real estate.