2079 Bruynswick Road, Wallkill, NY 12589
2079 Bruynswick Road, Gardiner

2079 Bruynswick Road, Gardiner

2079 Bruynswick Road, Wallkill, NY 12589

$3,000,000

Features and Amenities

Interior

  • Total Bedrooms6
  • Total Bathrooms5.5
  • Full Bathrooms5
  • Half Bathrooms1
  • FlooringWOOD
  • FireplaceSTONE, WOOD, BEDROOM, DINING ROOM, LIVING ROOM, OTHER/SEE REMARKS

Area & Lot

  • Status Sold
  • Living Area7,976 Sq.Ft.
  • Lot Area55.62 Acres
  • MLS® ID20213317
  • TypeRESIDENTIAL
  • YEAR BUILT1920
  • School DistrictWallkill Central

Exterior

  • Garage Spaces3
  • lot featuresADDITIONAL LAND AVAILABLE, WATER FRONTAGE
  • parkingGarage Detached

Financial

  • Sales Price$3,000,000
  • Real Estate Tax $116,858/yr
  • Zoning RA
Joseph Satto

Joseph Satto

Founder / Principal Broker

2079 Bruynswick Road, Wallkill, NY 12589

This historic stone built farm complex sitting on approximately 55 acres of verdant farmland (more land available) bounded by the Shawangunk River is located in the rich flatlands of the Shawangunk valley, sheltered by the mountain range and a delight to the eye as well as to the imagination, bringing to mind the possibility of organic vegetable farming, a secluded retreat or country estate just 90 minutes north of New York City. A charming, winding driveway leads to the main house with 6 bedrooms, 5 ½ bathrooms and 5 wood burning fireplaces. The original hardware, beamed ceilings and Dutch doors are reminiscent of another age. There is a 4 bedroom guest house and a 4-stall stable with tack room, carriage room, hay loft and attached 2 bedroom apartment. The 3 car garage has a 3 bedroom apartment above. A large swimming pool completes the picture. All buildings are ready to return to their former glory with necessary updating. Brykill was first built as a small settler’s home in 1724 and used as a court of law during the mid-19th century. It was expanded considerably in 1927 in a sympathetic style and material using an existing stone barn on the property. The land where Brykill now stands was first granted to Gertrude Bruyn in 1694 by William III and Mary II of England, hence the name Bruynswick for the area. Later grants followed and in 1724 a small stone house was built, the first of several structures that would be merged into today’s main house. In 1736 the main block was established. In 1926, William Bruyn, a descendant of the original owners purchased the property for use as a country estate. He retained Kingston architectural firm Halvorsen and Teller to expand the property in a manner that preserved and reinforced its original aesthetics. This entailed adding to the main block as it stands today.

Contact Us

If you're a city dweller looking for an upstate home or an upstate seller looking to maximize the purchase price for your home, click below and we'll be in touch.

Submit